Sunday, November 30, 2008

crooked house

I spent the whole day reading Crooked house by Agatha Christie. This book was SO interesting I just couldn't put it down! This book was more than just you're average murder mystery. Everything was designed intricately enough that the reader could not pinpoint the murderer right away (and in my case, mistake another character for the murderer). The characters all seem capable of committing a murder. They all have a somewhat dark side to them and could benefit from killing their grandfather. Another thing I loved was how the author was descriptive. I could just picture what each room in the big mansion looked like. I was really REALLY shocked when I found out who the murderer was. The character did not seem like they would do something that extreme. Overall, I was impressed with how the author was able to create such a complex murder mystery and have such a clear idea of what the setting was like. This book was one of those books that are just enjoyable reading. But if I had to state the theme, I would say it's : "do not underestimate ANYONE. Everyone is capable of doing anything if they really want to."

No comments: